I did not know ants had a toxic flesh-decomposing toxin to protect themselves. A few days after seeing them on my arm, I felt like I had poison ivy. The irritation turned into two lesions that took two weeks to heal. GROSS!
Amazing the insect world is. Glad that I am not an insect with nuclear powered critters like those ants crawling across the earth nuking unsuspecting trespassers.
I was working two weeks ago on the landscape lighting and could barely see the almost invisible ants that had gotten on my right arm. Teentsy, ignorable things. If they bit me or stung me, I don't remember.